mercoledì 16 febbraio 2011

George Mander

" Does luck play the greatest role in hybridizing? Have you been able to predict color, growth habit, and flower form in your seedlings? "



I would definitely say yes, and I always say it's 99% luck and only 1% planning. I have never been able to predict color. It took me 15 years to get the purple/cream bicolor of Manpurple' into one of my seedlings. I have been able to predict growth habit about 50% of the time, but as for flower form I have been lucky to predict only 10% of the time or less.

Per George Mander, famoso ibridatore, la fortuna influisce per il 99% nella nascita di nuove varietà
e ammette di non essere mai riuscito a prevedere il colore dei suoi semenzali e solo per il 10% la forma del fiore...

1 commento:

Lascia qui un tuo commento, grazie